Contract Close-Out Support – Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX
Position Title: Contract Close-Out Support
Location: Lackland AFB
U.S. Citizenship & the ability to pass a government background check required
Technik, Inc is currently hiring a Contract Close-Out Specialist to provide support services to the Air Force 772d Enterprise Sourcing Squadron (772 ESS)
This position will perform all contract closeout functions in accordance with current closeout policies and procedures. Responsibilities include
- Provide internal and external customer service, answer telephones, enter information/data into the computer, and prepare correspondence and other documents related to contract closeout.
- Prepare a contractor release of claims letter and coordinate the document with the Contracting Officer and appropriate business/vendor.
- Have the ability and utilize proficiently the Government contract writing system and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Be able to draft DD Form 1594 closeout documents, de-obligation modifications in the Government contract writing system and any other document deemed necessary for contract closeout
- Utilize the Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS), Integrated Accounts Payable System (IAPS), Electronic Data Access (EDA), and Air Force contract program writing systems
- Be able to assist the Contracting Officer in analyzing closeout information of highly complex cost/firm fixed price contracts.
- Be able to interpret, analyze, and summarize Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) reports without Government instruction or training.
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal training and oversight.
- Physically account for all contract files pending close out.
- Responsible for the staging process of contract files in accordance with (IAW) contract retention policies and regulations.
- Responsible for transporting files from the storage facilities to the shred/burn facility in accordance with FAR close-out retention periods
Education & Experience:
A minimum of two (2) years of Contract Closeout experience