Program Manager – Washington, DC
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: Immediate
Technik is looking for a Program Manager who is responsible for the overall planning, directing, and coordinating success of a large Software Development team. The Program Manager will perform day-to-day management and will work with the customer and others to develop and mature long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied in future years of the contract.
The Program Manager will be accountable for meeting contractual performance criteria and due dates during service delivery, and successful overall project completion, coordinating activities in support of project activities and teams that support the provisioning, design, development, requirements through completion preparing finished deliverables (e.g., status reports to customer, management, open issues). The ideal candidate is comfortable in working in a fast pace, agile team environment.
The Program Manager will build strong and productive relationships with customers, map out and facilitate successful implementation, and clearly demonstrate the impact of our products and services. The ideal candidate will be a customer success manager with a track record of building strong, scalable customer engagements across a diverse set of priorities. As a leader you will know how to work with all parties to deploy solutions that delight customers, improve brand loyalty, and scale within a rapidly growing program.
- Direct Daily operations –work with the customer in establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines; identify and implement process improvements
- Perform day-to-day personnel and technical management of development staff as appropriate
- Help improve efficiencies across the project
- Ensure high-quality and acceptable project, and engineering efforts are completed by the team
- Work with the leadership team to ensure personnel have the appropriate knowledge/skills to perform the assigned tasks.
- Elevate issues to corporate leadership and document issues as appropriate
- Provide input to PMRs and ad hoc reports as required
- Promote the “One Team” concept expectation, plan and help organize team development activities.
- Establish a trusted adviser relationship that works to ensure customer’s overall satisfaction with our products and services to strengthen their adoption of our solutions and ensure contract continuation.
- Work with company leadership to ensure resourcing and tool needs are met
- Excellent working relationships with customer
- Ensure corporate management is always informed of appropriate activities and issues (Early and often)
- Lead your team – ensure a high performing team delighting the customer including conducting stay interviews, building staff growth plans and ensuring overall happiness of team
- Stay abreast of advances in technology and processes
- Evaluate customer expectations regarding delivery format and cadence and establish program goals and measures of success
- Collaborate with other project leads to proactively anticipate and solve problems
- Evaluate effectiveness of all resources, escalating challenges internally
- Be a team player
- 10+ years in enterprise program management leading a team of remote & onsite employees
- Deep understanding of Federal Government contracts
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- PMP Certification
- BS degree
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to lead cross function business and technical teams