US Department of Army – Network Engineering and Infrastructure Support for the Data Sciences Division at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC)
The Data Sciences Division at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) has the responsibility of providing software and systems support to the various WDTC divisions. This support encompasses the maintenance and support of workstations, servers, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and Government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) software administration and maintenance as well as full software development life-cycle projects.
Technik specifically support the Test Mission Management System (TMSS) – an enterprise wide system that supports the acquisition, transfer, analysis, presentation, delivery, storage, protection and archival of all test data.
Project accomplishments and associated activities are described below.
Task 1: Help Desk and Systems Administration
Technik provides support to TMSS systems and technical support to WDTC and the Data Sciences Division. Our Responsibilities for this functional area included:
- Help desk level support the WDTC TMSS users.
- Provided maintenance and administration support on WDTC COTS and GOTS systems and servers.
- Performed regular health checks and performance evaluations of WDTC systems.
- Documented requests and actions in Government provided work item tracking system.
- Provided machine setup and provisioning using Government approved scripts and images.
- Provided life-cycle support on all TMSS computer equipment.
- Assisted the WDTC information assurance officer in efforts to maintain compliance on TMSS computer equipment.
Task 2: Network Engineering Support
Technik provides provide network engineering support to TMSS systems. Our Responsibilities for this functional area included:
- Designed, implemented and maintained both wired and wireless test data networks.
- Evaluated network hardware and software to ensure optimum performance.
- Recommended network changes for operational impact.
- Participated in the planning and implementation of new network installations.
Task 3: Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA)/Architecture Support
Technik provides support to the Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA) object model efforts in conjunction with the Army Test and Evaluation Command’s (ATEC) Architecture Domain. We provide development support for a fully operational, tested, and approved WeatherServer object model included in the TENA toolkit.
Task 4: Performance Metrics/ Criteria for Acceptance
Performance Measures Reports were submitted as a part of the monthly IPRs. Criteria for acceptance included timeliness, accuracy of data and crosscheck to monthly task summary reports, narratives, staffing/vacancy reports and invoices.
Overall Performance: Excellent
Delivery: Technik adhered to all deadlines and produced deliverables in a timely manner.
Cost Control: Technik performed within cost and budget.
Corrective Actions Taken: None