Technik selected to enhance SharePoint as an Enterprise IT Shared Service for the US Census Bureau
Technik has been awarded a task order under the U.S. Census Bureau Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) BPA to promote the Census Bureau’s Enterprise IT Shared Service offering by leveraging SharePoint as a platform for collaboration, innovation, and business process automation. The place of performance is at the US Census Bureau Suitland Federal Center in Suitland, MD.
Technik’ s SharePoint Development effort includes, building workflow systems, creating/migrating/consolidating legacy IT systems into SharePoint .Net framework applications using MVC framework, and integrating SharePoint with other enterprise-class IT systems in use at Census. These efforts will allow Census to continue leveraging its investment in SharePoint, including Office 365, so that the Bureau can quickly build new systems in an approved, baselined environment with a focus on migrating existing services to the Office 365 Government Compute Cloud (Office 365).
Specific Tasks include:
- Migration of on-premises hosted SharePoint 2010/2013 systems and content to SharePoint 2016/Office365 cloud.
- Develop custom workflow driven ASP.NET SharePoint applications
- Expansion of Census Central functionality including support for localization, personalization, user classification, and internal line of business systems integration.
- Implementation of enhancements to the Enterprise SharePoint systems and tools.
- Implementation of an enterprise-scale document management systems and migration of existing document repositories into SharePoint.
- Implementation of the Census’ Improving Operational Efficiency and the Continuous Suggestion Box sites.
- AngularJS development in SharePoint.
- Troubleshooting issues related to SharePoint development and maintenance.
- Develop SharePoint workflows using Nintex and SharePoint Designer and SharePoint forms development using Microsoft InfoPath / SharePoint Designer
Technik CEO, Satish Venkatesan, said of the award, “This is our first task order with US Census Bureau. We are very pleased to support the Census Enterprise Content Management (ECM) branch and provide our expertise in SharePoint Support Services.”
For more information contact:
Alexa Tsui, VP of Business Development